If your restaurant's RTS is online but you have one or more sensors offline, then the issue is specific to the individual sensor(s) that are offline.
Did you just install RTS in your restaurant or are currently installing RTS?
- If you are installing or have just installed RTS in your restaurant, locate the offline sensor in the equipment it was installed in and check the sensor to see if the battery tab had been pulled. Removing the battery tab provides power to the sensor and allows for the sensor to communicate with your RTS Gateway.
- When installing RTS, the instructions state that you have to install the Gateway first before installing your sensors. If you had installed your sensors before installing the Gateway, please wait up to 12-24 hours for the sensors to connect.
- If you had already installed RTS and this offline sensor(s) was online before, please proceed to the next section.
Post-Installation Sensor Issues
If you had already installed RTS in your restaurant and your sensor is now offline...
1. Locate the sensor in its equipment in your restaurant to ensure that it is still installed. If the sensor is missing and you cannot locate it, please complete the Replacement Sensor Order Form to order a replacement (select "Sensor is missing from the equipment.").
2. If the sensor is in its equipment, please remove the sensor from the equipment and check on the following:
- Has the battery tab been pulled? If it hasn't, please pull the battery tab and wait 10-15 minutes for the sensor to connect. Check Squadle Checklists, Workflows, or HQ and go to the Sensor page to verify it is now online.
- Is there any visible damage to the sensor? If the sensor was installed in a freezer, does the sensor have frost build-up? If your sensor is damaged or if the sensor has frost around it, please complete the Replacement Sensor Order Form to order a replacement (select "Sensor is damaged.").
3. If the sensor has its battery tab pulled and it is not visibly damaged, please open the sensor's case, take the battery out for 5 seconds, place the same battery back into the case, and secure the case. Please wait 10-15 minutes before checking your sensors page to confirm connectivity. (for instructions on how to open the case of your sensor, please visit this knowledge article)
4. If the sensor does not come online, it may be time to replace the battery. Please replace the sensor's battery with a new one and wait 10-15 minutes before checking your sensors page to confirm connectivity. For ordering information and instructions on how to replace your sensor's battery, please visit this knowledge article.
5. If performing the above troubleshooting steps does not work, please complete the Replacement Sensor Order Form to order a replacement (select "Sensor is offline/defective").
please contact email@example.com for further assistance.